What is the Cost of a Metal Roof?
On residential and commercial applications metal roofing has been gaining popularity over the past 10-15 years across the United States. Metal roofing is the fastest growing types of roofing materials across the country and is only trending up. Some people have fond memories that are brought back by the round of rain on a metal roof, but the value in a metal roof is more than memories
Metal Roofing Advantages
There are a lot of advantages to selecting a metal roof for your home or business.
- Long-Lifespan: When quality roofing materials are used and installed properly a metal roof can last a lifetime. When you install a quality metal roof you should never have to replace it again.
- Diverts rain and snow easily: The hard smooth texture of metal roofing helps debris and precipitation slide off of the roof more easily than other roofing materials. It is also impossible for moisture to penetrate the roofing surface so your roof framing stays dry.
- Durable: Painted aluminum won’t rust or corrode, and any mold, mildew or moss simply washes off. Termites and other pests that can cause major problems like they do with other roofing materials.
- Superior protection from the elements: Metal roofing is effective against strong winds, and is fire proof. Metal roofing also has high conductivity helps dissipate and deflect the impacts of a lightning strike.
- Works on any style: Most roofing materials are limited to being installed on certain styles of roofs. With metal, we can install it on just about any roof, from steep roofs to very low sloped roofs, metal roofing works for all of them.
- Reflects radiation, and more earth-friendly: Metal roofing reflects the sun and solar radiation much better than other roofing materials. This can help your home stay cool in the summer. Metal roofing is the also the perfect base to install solar panels if you are ready to be less dependent on the power grid. Metal Roofing also includes a small percentage of recycled materials, and the metal roofing is recyclable one it needs replacing. A metal roof is one of the “Greenest” roofs you can install.
Metal Roofing Cost Considerations
When you decide to invest in a new roof or replace an old roof it is a big investment, and we understand that cost is a major component in the decision-making process when choosing a roofing material. Metal roofing is never going to be the cheapest option, but it won’t be the most expensive option either. Like any roofing style metal roofing cost is going to be determined by the height, the pitch, the square footage of the roof surface, and any other special features or accessories like chimneys, vents, fans, etc.
Even though a metal roof comes with a higher price tag, that fact should always be balanced between the fact that it will likely be the last roof you ever need. With the life span of a metal roof you would likely have to replace shingles at least a second time. Once you view it that way, over the lifespan of a metal roof the cost can actually be lower than shingle roofing.
Financing for Metal Roofs
If affordability seems like it might be a deterrent, remember that we have several financing options to makes sure we can get you the new roof that you and your family deserves, making the cost of a metal roof replacement fit any budget.
Why you should hire Veterans Roofing and Siding for your Metal Roofing needs.
Every roofing company can nail a shingle, but to install metal roofing requires specialty tools, and specialty expertise to handle the metal roofing installation with the proper precision and workmanship. Veterans Roofing and Siding is the premier metal roofing installer in the state. Not only can we help by providing superior metal roof installation services we have great financing options that fit every budget.