Roof Replacement Cost
Are you looking for a price range for the cost of a roof replacement? Maybe a better question to ask yourself is what will it cost when your old and worn out roof leaks? Your home’s roof really is the most important and first line of protection of your home and family against everything that Mother nature throws at it. When your roof is no longer doing its’ job properly, it is time to call the reliable roofers at Veterans Roofing and Siding instead of risking further damage by putting off a roof replacement.
When to decide when your roof is needing some TLC?
It is a good idea to address the condition of your roof every year in the fall before the harsh winter sets in. The sooner you get it checked out, the more time there will be to address issues and get them corrected properly. If you already have water coming inside your house, then you need to act now and get your roof the attention it needs! If you are catching water in buckets or bowls every time it rains, you need to stop procrastinating and call Veterans Roofing and Siding. When water is coming inside your home you almost certainly have a roof leak, siding leak, or window leak.
Areas that need checked to ensure you don’t develop a roof leak:
- Missing or Damaged Shingles: These shingles are curled, broken, creased, split or loose and need replaced before they become a leak. If you are missing shingles, you definitely can’t wait to get your roof addressed. When underlayment or the roof deck is exposed it can lead to serious damage very quickly.
- Exposed Nails: Identifying any exposed nails, or lose nails, or areas where the nails that have popped is an important step of any quality inspection. Any exposed nail is a potential leak, and nail pops damage shingles leading to a shorter lifespan. These items could uncover issues with the initial inspection or quality of the roofing material.
- Missing or Damaged Flashing: Flashing is the most important part of any roof replacement and many contractors cut cost by reusing old flashing. Flashing is installed in the areas that are most susceptible to water penetration and a roof leak. It is typically metal and can come loose, rust, corrode, or go missing. Flashing is responsible for 95% of all roof leaks. Vent Pipes, Skylights, and Chinneys all have special flashing that can wear out and crack and need constant inspections to avoid a roof leak.
Call a Professional for Your Roof Inspection
If you are reading this page, chances are you are not a certified roof inspector, and inspecting your own roof you will likely miss small things only the most experienced and reliable roofer would notice. Let our professional roofers at Veterans Roofing and Siding complete a full roof inspection and consultation. This way we can give you the best advice and offer the best solution for your home and budget.
How Do I know I need a New Roof Replacement and Not Just a Repair?
Knowing whether or not a roof replacement is the most cost effective or if repairs are the right call depends on your roof’s age, current condition, materials, and the quality of craftsmanship when it was fist installed. Most roofing companies will recommend a full roof replacement as their default suggestion because it is the one that makes the most sense for them! But, that isn’t always the best choice for you our customer. At Veterans Roofing and Siding your needs are our first priority, and we promise never to push you into purchasing a roofing replacement that you don’t really need. Our priority is giving you an objective and honest assessment of your options and answer any questions you have about the process.
New Roofs Are Not Cheap, but a Full Roof Replacement Can Be Affordable
There are a lot of factors that go into what a roof replacement costs. When you need more than a simple repair sometimes a full roof replacement is the best option, and if that is the case, you want to know what it will cost. That is a complicated answer. The factors that go into determing the cost of a roof replacement are:
- The Style, Height, and Pitch of your Roof
- The amount of roof decking that may need replaced
- How much flashing you have around chimneys, skylights, exhaust vents, or other accessories
- Which Roofing Materials you Choose for your new roof (ie. Architectural Shingles, Wood Shake, Metal Roofing, etc.)
- The quality of craftsmanship of installers you choose to partner with for your roof replacement
If we are being honest, we both know there is no such thing as a cheap roof. If you shop around you can save a few bucks but what are you sacrificing for those savings? Most roofers use the same supply companies, so if their price is lower are, they using less materials, or lower quality labor, or missing insurance? Every professional roofer is going to have similar costs, and thus similar prices. If some has a price that seems like a bargain, you might need to find out why.
And, since I am being honest, you don’t want a “Cheap” roof. Protecting your family by choosing quality roof materials from a reliable roofer is a better investment than getting the cheapest estimate and risk the roofing contractor cut corners and skipped steps. When deciding to invest in a new roof you want a roof that will last, and a roof you won’t have to replace anytime soon. Veterans Roofing and Siding knows you need more than just a cheap roof. This is why we aim to install the last roof that you will ever need. Most of the materials we use come with Lifetime Warranties, and our workmanship matches that commitment.
There is an old saying “ I am too poor to buy cheap products and services” and that is why we only install the best materials and hire the best installers. We know that having to do repairs down the road can be costly and even more so if the roof needs replaced sooner because of cheap materials.
Why Choose Veterans Roofing and Siding for all your Roof Replacement needs?
To ensure you have the highest quality roof replacement it is always best to choose a local reliable roofer that you can trust. One that provides quality products, high craftmanship, and a warranty, that can make the roof replacement process as painless and pleasant as possible.
We also have a wide range of financing options to fit even the tightest of budgets.
When you are looking for a new roof contractor look no further than Veterans Roofing and Siding.